Front-End Web Developer/Designer
Junior to Senior Level | Full-Time; Salaried | York, PA
Are you passionate? How about smart? What about exceptionally talented?
Do you want to work in a company where you can make a real difference, not just clock-in and clock-out in a mundane race just to get to the end of the week?
Can you challenge the status quo and conventional thinking with new, radically innovative ideas?
If so, we want Visual Impact Group to be your new family!
Visual Impact Group is looking for a passionate, efficient Front End Open Source Web Developer.
The Front End Web Developer works to assist on multiple web projects for a variety of industry-leading clients and complete many smaller to medium size programming responsibilities for existing projects while under the mentorship of Lead and Sr. Web Developers.
We like to have some fun while doing it too!
Day-to-Day Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and participating in the programming, implementation, testing, and support of web-based projects using the LAMP solution stack of software.
- Programming, developing, and producing data-driven web applications, websites, and mobile apps using the latest technology solutions and software.
- Consulting with clients and the account team to ensure the use of effective Internet-based technologies for enterprise business applications & websites.
- Design a wide range of digital initiatives and tactics integrating front-end and assisting with back-end development.
- Create and present sketches, wireframes, designs and interactive prototypes (HTML with Bootstrap, Adobe XD, Axure).
- Build for cross-browser compatibility and other general QC processes.
- Independently research, sketch and present ideas as necessary.
- Debugging and problem solving across a wide variety of open source and mobile platforms.
A Plus if You Have:
- Solid project-level experience in at least one open source CMS platform such as (e.g., WordPress, Magento, Joomla, Drupal, etc.).
- Comfort with both object-oriented and procedural programming methodologies.
- Ability to work well individually and on a team, high concurrency (many projects) and fast paced environment required.
- Experience developing custom web applications.
- Deep knowledge of CSS3/HTML5, SCSS, PHP.
- Experience with responsive web design using Bootstrap/Foundation frameworks.
- Well-versed in e-commerce methodologies and best practices.
- Experience using version control (Git preferred).
- Cross-browser website compatibility testing experience.
- Previous development firm/agency environment.
- Strong time management skills, can meet deadlines consistently.
- Takes direction well, but also able to make decisions and take initiative.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to stay up-to-date on the latest web technologies.
- Professional, dependable, solid work ethic, detail-oriented, dedication to quality, and self motivated.
- Enjoys solving problems.
- Customer-centric mentality.
About Visual Impact Group
Visual Impact was founded in 1996. We are a private, full services interactive agency with a successful track record of creating exceptional user experiences. Our expertise lies in strategy, design, information architecture, content and all existing and emerging technologies. We’ve created successful interactive experiences for public and private companies on a global, national, and local level.
Visual Impact Group was founded on the idea that relationships are the key to success. This belief is an essential part of who we are and a significant reason we’re able to maintain many long-term client relationships. There is no better testament to this than having over 80% of our clients come back to us for additional work. Simply put: We’re here for our clients.
Ready to Join Our VIG Family?
So, did we describe you? Well, we’d love to set time up to talk with you!
Submit your résumé below!