PHP Web Developer
Mid to Senior Level | Full-Time; Salaried | York, PA
Are you passionate about creating good code? Do you consider yourself a talented programmer?
Are you looking for an environment where your work makes a real difference?
Do you thrive on creating and implementing innovative solutions to problems?
If so, we want you to become part of the Visual Impact Group family.
Visual Impact Group is looking for a passionate, efficient PHP Web Developer to join our team.
As a PHP Developer for VIG, you will work closely with the production team to assist on multiple web projects for a variety of industry-leading clients.
As part of the team, you will work to help bring projects successfully through the web development lifecycle. Your primary focus will the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end as well as integrating the front-end elements into the application.
We like to have some fun while doing it too!
- Manage back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Integrate user-facing, front-end elements.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Integration of data storage solutions.
- Converting data from various formats into developed databases.
- Maintaining existing codebases, including troubleshooting bugs and adding new features.
- Create detailed technical specifications of the code being developed.
A Plus if You Have:
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks with 3+ years of software development experience.
- Solid knowledge of MySQL and other database technologies.
- Demonstatable knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Solid, project-level experience on open source CMS platforms, especially WordPress, Magento, and Drupal.
- Experience using version control (Git preferred).
- Cross-browser website compatibility testing experience.
- Experience in a development firm/agency environment.
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines consistently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Takes direction well, but is also able to make decisions and take initiative.
- Enjoys solving problems and providing innovative solutions.
- Customer-centric mentality.
- Detail-oriented and dedicated to quality.
About Visual Impact Group
Visual Impact was founded in 1996. We are a private, full services interactive agency with a successful track record of creating exceptional user experiences. Our expertise lies in strategy, design, information architecture, content and all existing and emerging technologies. We’ve created successful interactive experiences for public and private companies on a global, national, and local level.
Visual Impact Group was founded on the idea that relationships are the key to success. This belief is an essential part of who we are and a significant reason we’re able to maintain many long-term client relationships. There is no better testament to this than having over 80% of our clients come back to us for additional work. Simply put: We’re here for our clients.
Ready to Join Our VIG Family?
Did it seem like we were describing you? Well, we’d love to set up some time to talk!
Submit your résumé below.